In this article, you will learn how to identify the owner of a phone number in Nigeria.
Everyone of us has, on one occasion or the other, gotten a call from an unknown person. Sometimes, these calls may come repeatedly and you become tense and eager to know who is making them. Of course, most times we never find out who is behind those calls.
The problem is that most people do not know that the owner of a phone number can actually be gotten using five really easy steps. In this article, I will take you through how to employ those steps for tracking the real owner of a phone number in Nigeria.
5 ways to identify the owner of a phone number in Nigeria
The following are 5 easy ways to track and get the identity of the owner of an unknown number:
Truecaller is a mobile application for identifying caller identity. The app has been especially helpful in identifying scammers who can take on the identity of almost anybody.
Thanks to the profile building nature of Truecaller, you can identify the owner of a phone number that called you.
In order to utilize the app’s identifying capabilities, follow these steps:
• Make sure you have the Truecaller application on your mobile phone.
• Ensure that you have the app active and running in the background. Several settings would ensure this once you open the app for the first time.
• Dial the number.
• End the call after a few seconds.
• Wait for some seconds. You should see the name of the owner of the phone number.
2. Search Engines
Search engines like Google, Bing, Yandex, DuckDuckGo, etc, are very useful in our daily life. An average person performs up to 10 searches per day on Google alone.
Do you know that those search engines can actually help you identify the owner of a phone number? You don’t? Read on.
Follow these simple steps to use search engines to identify a phone number’s owner in Nigeria:
• Enter the phone number on the search engine. I would normally go for Google as it is the largest search engine.
• Check the results on search results. Pay close attention to the SERPS as this is crucial to getting what you want.
• If the number has been added to any web page or Profile, it will appear. You can be sure that the phone number is linked to the profile.
Articles You might Find Interesting
You would find below links to several interesting articles on our blog. Don’t hesitate to click on them and read them.
- Foremedia review: Is this a good Google AdSense alternative?
- The best Refcash review
- What is Jubna Ads Network all about?
- Have you heard about Nmachi Ihegboro, the black baby with white skin?
- Everything you need to know about Helen Kardashian, grandmother of Kim Kardashian
- Meet Lila Zidane, Zinedine Zidane’s sister
- 5 sure tips to create high quality blog content
- Why is Africa Poor? Here’s Your Answer
- What you don’t know about Robert Noah, Trevor Noah’s father
- Who is Terrence Duckett?
- What you don’t know about Scott Wahlberg
- Remember Drew Grant, Ari Melber’s wife?
- TikTok Hack: How to get 1000 followers in 5 minutes
- How to identify the owner of a phone number in Nigeria
- Do you know cats are scared of cucumbers? Well why?
- All you need to know about Phyllis Fierro
3. Social Media
The next method to identifying an unknown phone number’s owner is to use social media.
Social media is an ever present concept in our lives. Many people are on several social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and several others. Social media platforms are used for several purposes, ranging from pleasure and leisure to business.
Social media is one way to identify an unknown number.
Most social media profiles are created using phone numbers and a large percentage of these profiles make these phone numbers public. You can use this to your advantage.
Simply type the phone number in the search bar of any social media platform, and wait for the results.
If the phone number was added to any account, it will pop up and you read the person’s profile.
4. Find And Trace
Find and Trace is another app you can use for identifying phone numbers. It is a web-based tracker.
Originally, it is used for finding lost phones but its abilities can be extended to include finding a phone number’s owner.
You can search anything related to phone numbers ranging from Bulk SMS to STC Code and others.
WhatsApp is a messenger owned by Facebook. It is extensively used by people to send free SMS and make free voice and video calls.
It is yet another interesting application you can use when it comes to tracking the Identity of a phone number.
The procedure is relatively simple. All you have to do is to save the number on your contact list (you might choose to delete it later on). After saving the number, head over to your WhatsApp app.
Wait for a few minutes for the contacts to refresh or you can refresh manually, then view the WhatsApp profile of the phone number. Another alternative way is to search for the number in the voice call section of the app.
With this option, you can see details about the owner of the phone number especially the picture. Keep in mind that does people may not have their profile picture public or may choose to not use their pictures at all.
The above are several ways you can identify the owner of a phone number. At least one of the method should work for you.
Thank you for reading. Please share this article and leave a comment if you have questions.