Madilyn Grace Smith is best known as the daughter of American singer-songwriter Ne-Yo and his ex-fiancee, former DJ and radio personality Monyetta Shaw.
Madilyn Grace Smith, born Nov. 12, 2010, is Ne-oldest Yo’s child and the singer’s first child with ex-wife Monyetta Shaw. I’ve been in love before, but this is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. “I feel like I’m falling in love for the first time,” Ne-Yo told People shortly after Madilyn was born.
Madilyn, now ten years old, appears to be following in her father’s footsteps in terms of creativity. My children are naturally creative, and I think it’s fantastic that they now have these outlets. “They’re always making up stories and making little movies on the iPad, and they all love music,” Ne-Yo revealed in 2020 to People.
Maddie is also the inspiration for one of her mother’s projects: in January 2021, Monyetta published The Adventures of Maddie: Meet Maddie, a children’s book.
On November 12, 2010, she was born on a Friday in Atlanta, Georgia. Mason Evin Smith, her 8-year-old brother, is her eldest sister. Roman Alexander-Raj Smith and Shaffer Chimere Smith, Jr. are his half-siblings. Nicole Smith is her aunt, and Loraine Smith is her grandmother. She is an African American woman with American citizenship.
Biography Profile Of Madilyn Grace Smith, Ne-Yo’s Daughter
|Full Name||Madilyn Grace Smith|
|Birth Date||November 12, 2010|
|Age||10 years (as of July 2021)|
|Parent 1||Ne-Yo (Shaffer Chimere Smith)|
|Parent 2||Monyetta Shaw|
|Siblings||Mason Evin Smith, Roman Alexander-Raj Smith, Shaffer Chimere Smith, Jr.|
|Notable Accomplishments||– Daughter of renowned singer-songwriter Ne-Yo <br>- Inspiring her mother Monyetta Shaw’s children’s book “The Adventures of Maddie: Meet Maddie”|
|Family Background||Comes from a family of creative talents|
|Lifestyle||Enjoys a comfortable lifestyle due to her parents’ prominence in the entertainment industry|
|Notable Traits||Known for her creativity and humor|
Her Parents Aren’t Married Anymore
Yes, Madilyn, Ne-Yo, and Monyetta Shaw’s parents were in a long-term relationship before they divorced. They first met at a Jamie Foxx concert in Louisiana’s hometown of Shaw.
Ne-Yo, also known as Shaffer Chimere Smith, obtained her phone number from a mutual friend, and they began dating soon after. They became engaged and excited to walk down the aisle together after only a short period of falling in love.
However, the two called off their engagement because Ne-Yo did not believe he should be in a monogamous relationship. During their relationship, they had two children named Mason and Madilyn. Even after their divorce, the two are happily co-parenting their children.
What happened between Madilyn Grace Smith’s parents?
Ne-Yo and Monyetta first met during a Jamie Foxx event in 2009. They married a year later and were together for several years.
They called it quiet two months before their big wedding. According to insiders, NeYo called his fiancé and abruptly ended the engagement.
He began seeing Crystal Renay one year after they divorced, much to the chagrin of many fans who accused him of abandoning his fiancée for Crystal.
The main point of contention between NeYo and his ex-fiancée is whether he pressured her to get sterilised. She, for one, never accused him of coercing her into having her tubes tied. Many admirers, though, believe otherwise.
Monyetta told the New York Post, “Sterilisation was something Ne-Yo and I discussed thoroughly in the months leading up to the baby’s delivery.” Madilyn, our daughter, was born in 2010, and two children seemed to be more than enough for both of us. He consented to have a vasectomy to demonstrate our joint commitment to the partnership.”
“I was so busy caring for two young children that I just assumed Ne-Yo had followed through and gotten the vasectomy,” she continued. I trusted him so completely that it never occurred to me that he hadn’t followed through.”
Monyetta also commented on her ex-fiance’s new relationship, saying, “It hurts to see them parade their love on social media.” On February 20, they married, and Crystal gave birth to their first child. She appears to be a sweet girl, but I would be concerned if I were her. “How does she know he won’t do the same thing to her as he did to me?”
NeYo set the record split many years later. “Let me go ahead and do it in the name of clearing up confusion,” he remarked. Okay, I didn’t compel anyone to knot or burn any tubes, that’s not how it happened. We had a girl first, then a boy, and when we found out it was a boy, we celebrated in the doctor’s office. We finished!”
“The doctor asked if I should take care of these tubes while I’m down here, she looked at me, and I looked at her,” he added. She did this, I did this (shrugging their shoulders), and she said, “Go ahead.” What should I do now? What am I going to do? I can’t make anyone do anything. I’m not the type to put my will on others, and that was not the situation there.”
He made it clear that he did not force her to knot her tubes.
Her father, Ne-Yo, recently divorced.
Following his divorce from Monyetta, the R&B singer-songwriter, 40, married his now-ex-wife, Crystal Renay, 34. They married on February 20, 2016, in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, USA.
On March 15, 2016, they welcomed their son, Shaffer Chimere Smith, Jr. On June 14, 2018, they welcomed their second child, Roman Alexander-Raj Smith. However, in February 2020, Ne-Yo announced that he and Crystal had divorced.
Monyetta, Madilyn’s mother, recently announced her engagement to her fiance on June 28, 2020. She posted a picture of her new bling alongside a photo of the mysterious man’s hand on her Instagram wall.
Benefits from his parents’ wealth
Meanwhile, Madilyn, nine, has yet to begin her own career. She does, however, live a lavish lifestyle as the child of celebrity parents.
Monyetta Shaw’s total net worth is estimated to be around $2 million as of 2020. Her income comes from her work as an actress and reality television personality. Welcome Home, Soul Men, Video Girl, and Roscoe Jenkins are among her credits. She also appeared on the VH1 reality show Atlanta Exes.
“One In A Million” Official Music Video
Her father, Shaffer Chimere Smith, better known by his stage name Ne-Yo, has a net worth of $9 million. His fortune stems from his successful singing, songwriting, and acting careers. Ne-Yo has released greatest hits albums such as Because of You, Year of the Gentleman, R.E.D., Libra Scale, and others throughout his career.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Madilyn Grace Smith
1. Who is Madilyn Grace Smith? Madilyn Grace Smith is known as the daughter of American singer-songwriter Ne-Yo and his ex-fiancée, Monyetta Shaw. She was born on November 12, 2010, in Atlanta, Georgia.
2. How old is Madilyn Grace Smith? Madilyn Grace Smith is currently ten years old, having been born on November 12, 2010.
3. What is Madilyn Grace Smith known for? Madilyn Grace Smith is recognized as Ne-Yo’s oldest child and his first child with his former wife, Monyetta Shaw. Her birth was a significant moment in Ne-Yo’s life, and he has often spoken about the deep emotional impact of becoming a father.
4. Is Madilyn Grace Smith creative like her father? Yes, it appears that Madilyn Grace Smith has inherited her father’s creative traits. Ne-Yo has mentioned that his children, including Madilyn, are naturally creative. They engage in activities such as making up stories and creating movies on the iPad. Furthermore, Madilyn’s mother, Monyetta Shaw, authored a children’s book titled “The Adventures of Maddie: Meet Maddie,” inspired by her daughter.
5. Are Madilyn Grace Smith’s parents still together? No, Madilyn Grace Smith’s parents, Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw, are no longer together. They were in a long-term relationship that included an engagement, but they eventually separated.
6. What happened between Madilyn Grace Smith’s parents? Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw were engaged after a whirlwind romance. However, they later called off the engagement. There were discussions about Monyetta undergoing sterilization after the birth of their two children, but Ne-Yo clarified that he did not coerce her into the decision.
7. Has Ne-Yo been married since his divorce from Monyetta Shaw? Yes, Ne-Yo married Crystal Renay on February 20, 2016. They have two children together, Shaffer Chimere Smith, Jr., and Roman Alexander-Raj Smith. However, Ne-Yo announced his divorce from Crystal in February 2020.
8. What is Madilyn Grace Smith’s family background? Madilyn Grace Smith has three siblings: Mason Evin Smith, Roman Alexander-Raj Smith, and Shaffer Chimere Smith, Jr. She is also an aunt to Nicole Smith. Her parents are Ne-Yo (Shaffer Chimere Smith) and Monyetta Shaw.
9. What is the net worth of Madilyn Grace Smith’s parents? Monyetta Shaw has an estimated net worth of around $2 million, primarily from her work as an actress and reality television personality. Ne-Yo (Shaffer Chimere Smith) has a net worth of $9 million, accumulated from his successful career as a singer, songwriter, and actor.
10. How has Madilyn Grace Smith benefited from her parents’ wealth? While Madilyn Grace Smith has not yet embarked on her own career, she enjoys a comfortable lifestyle as the child of celebrity parents. Her parents’ wealth has provided her with opportunities and experiences associated with their prominence in the entertainment industry.